Last updated: May 25, 2018
Riverstone Holdings LLC is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. If you are located in the EU, for the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation, Riverstone Europe LLP at 3 St James’s Square, London, SW1Y 4JU, United Kingdom (“Riverstone”, “we”, “our”, “us”) is the data controller.
This policy sets out the basis on which we will process any personal data or usage information we collect from you, or that you provide to us, in connection with our business including if you invest with us or are considering doing so and your representative agents with whom we may interact during the normal course of business; your use of our website at www.riverstonellc.com (the “Website”); and/or your use of our investor portal available on the Website (the “Investor Portal”), collectively the “Services”.
What types of information do we collect and how we use it
Information you give us. You may provide us with the following information when you create an account with our Investors Portal and sign up for alerts and other communications:
- your name;
- business email address; and
As it is in our legitimate interests to be responsive to you and to ensure the proper functioning of our Investors Portal, we will use your information to sign you up for our alerts and other communications where you have requested us to do so.
Technical usage information. When you visit the Website and Investors Portal, we automatically collect the information sent to us by your computer, mobile phone, or other access device. This information includes:
- your IP address;
- device information including, but not limited to, identifier, name, and type of operating system;
- mobile network information; and
- standard web information, such as your browser type and the pages you access on our Website.
As it is in our legitimate interests to process your information to provide effective services, we collect
this information in order to:
- administer our Website and Investors Portal, in order to conduct troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey analysis;
- keep our Website and Investors Portal safe and secure.
In addition to cookies that are strictly necessary to operate the Website and Investor Portal, we use the following cookies:
- Functional cookies, which enhance your experience on our Website and Investor Portal (e.g. remember what language you speak and your search parameters) and
- Performance Cookies provided by Google Analytics, which enable us to provide a better user experience based on how our you use our Website and Investor Portal.
Most browsers allow you to change your cookie settings. These settings will typically be found in the “options” or “preferences” menu of your browser; otherwise you should use the “Help” option in your browser for more details.
How we share your information
- cloud hosting and storage provides, including Intralinks located in the United States which host our Website and Investors Portals and store the information you provide as described above in the United States, including for disaster recovery services.
We will share your information with law enforcement agencies, public authorities or other organisations if legally required to do so, or if we have a good faith belief that such use is reasonably necessary to:
- comply with a legal obligation, process or request;
- enforce our terms and conditions and other agreements, including investigation of any potential violation thereof;
- detect, prevent or otherwise address security, fraud or technical issues; or
- protect the rights, property or safety of us, our users, a third party or the public as required or permitted by law (exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction).
We will also disclose your information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your data to the prospective buyer of such business or assets; or
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case information held by us about our users will be one of the transferred assets.
Where we store your information
The information that we collect from you may be transferred outside the EEA and stored at/processed in the United States by Intralinks which adheres to the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework, operated by the U.S. Department of Commerce, and by our other suppliers under the EU Commission’s model contracts for the transfer of personal data to third countries (i.e., the standard contractual clauses), pursuant to Decision 2010/87/EU or 2001/497/EC, as appropriate. We take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your information is treated securely and in accordance with this policy.
The security of your information
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet or email is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted through the Website or over email; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will take appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data against loss, theft and unauthorised use, access or modification.
[We will, from time to time, host links to and from the websites of our affiliates or third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, these websites will have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any information to those websites.]
How long we store your information
We will retain your information as follows:
- if you create an account with our Investors Portal, we will keep your information for 6 years after you close your account or we close your account due to inactivity; and
- your technical usage information for 3 years from your last use of the Website and Investment Portal.
You have the right to ask us for a copy of your information; to correct, delete or restrict (stop any active) processing of your information.
In addition, you can object to the processing of your information in some circumstances (in particular, where we do not have to process your information to meet a contractual or other legal requirement).
These rights may be limited, for example if you ask us to delete information which we are required to retain by law, or where we have compelling legitimate interests in retaining such information.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact [email protected]. If you have unresolved concerns, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Any changes we will make to this policy in the future will be posted on this page. Please check back from time to time to see any updates or changes to this policy.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this policy are welcomed and should be addressed to [email protected].